Saturday, June 6, 2015

Crossing the Island

Ellen, Jasmine, and I crossed the island. I learned how to embed maps so here is a map!
EDIT: I've removed the line that was our path from the map. The reason is that there have been people attempting this hike without being fully prepared and had to get rescued, the same party involved, on multiple occasions. The chance of someone finding my map and using it as a guide without preparing in full is slim, but there is that possibility. And I have had a co-worker stumble upon this blog just by Googling 'kayaking alaska', so I wouldn't want someone to find my map and attempt the hike without talking to someone in person about it first.  There will be a fully interactive map and story soon.

The faint white line is our flight path on the return. The pilot was taking us straight across the island but we hit a wall of clouds before reaching the other side of the island and then he took us north to the very tip of Baranof.


The blue line that you'll find on Baranof Lake is our path when we were canoeing on the lake. I should say when Jasmine and Ellen were canoeing, I was just sitting there trying to check-in on my phone. Haha. Also, I was trying to stay warm. There were only 2 paddles so I didn't have much of a choice. Although, it did feel like King day all over again.


Soon, I plan on adding images to this map. Ellen, Jasmine, and I will first have to share pictures and that hasn't happened yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment