Thursday, July 15, 2010

Denali National Park

I camped out in Denali National Park for three days. It was cloudy and rainy all three days! I'm not letting it bum me out too much because it was a wonderful experience. However, I went with the idea that it would be a once in a lifetime trip. My plan was to go out to the park, get some good photos of the mountain and go on my merry way. However, I never saw the mountain! Now I feel like someday I will try again but I don't know... it just feels like one of those books that leaves you hanging, or the ending was not what you wanted. Maybe that's a bit dramatic... It was a good trip nonetheless.


I saw wildlife from the bus ride out to the park. I am thankful I didn't run into any wildlife while I was hiking. I took a dip in Wonder Lake. (I hadn't showered in 3 days so it was a good thing I did.) The mosquitos got an early Thanksgiving though.


I'm thinking I will trace an outline of where the mountain should be over my pictures of clouds. Only problem is I couldn't tell where the mountain was supposed to be (I knew the general direction but I had no idea where it's outline would be or how high it would reach in the sky).


The next is a cell phone picture of some Dall Sheep. The sheep were right next to the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment