Friday, September 24, 2010

Kayaked to work

I'm going to blog backwards. I have so many blogs I want to do that go back to my visit home to Idaho this summer. I have a feeling if I work backwards I'll more likely get them done. So this blog will be the most recent one.

I finally started my kayak. The western red cedar that I ordered from an outfit in Hoonah finally arrived.  It arrived on the day I was leaving on the ferry to run in a race. Well, a couple days before my cedar arrived my friend and neighbor said she was selling her kayak. I thought it would be very nice to have a kayak that I could actually use since I had no idea when I would be able to finish my kayak. So I bought the kayak and she and I kayaked to work Wednesday. (She used her newer one that she had just bought.)

It was such a gorgeous day and it was supposed to be the last gorgeous day that we'll have in a while. We had nearly 2 weeks (I believe) of sunshine. It was quite overwhelming!

When I got to work, I was asked if I wanted to accompany a group from the high school hiking up Mt. Verstovia.  I said of course I did.  So, I have pictures from that, too.





Compare this picture to the bright green picture from a hike up Mt. Verstovia in August.

Pictured below is the path of kayaking to work. Some people asked if I live on an island when I said I kayaked to work. No, just kayaking along the shore; simply an alternative to taking the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment