Monday, June 1, 2009

The SketchUp Post


If I had SketchUp in college, I don't think I would've passed one class. I drew the decks on the YABAH house from last year. This year's house will get started as soon as the lot is ready; the excavation is supposed to be taking place this week. Currently there are a lot of trees on the lot.The lot
I started drawing some of the buildings around Sitka. I had drawn a couple buildings in Nampa and made a collection of them online. Only one is in the '3D buildings' layer on Google Earth so far; the other two are pending. Nampa Collection
Nampa Library
Yesteryear Shoppe

The buildings in Sitka that I want to draw are a part of the National Register of Historic Places. So if I drew them quite nicely they could be added to the collection of digital drawings of the historic places. I pretty much finished the Russian Bishop's House, but I would like to tidy it up a bit. I'm having fun drawing the Russian Orthodox Church (St. Michael's Cathedral). I love the onion dome!

Russian Bishop's House
Russian Orthodox Church (St. Michael's Cathedral)

2 comments:

  1. I'm also glad they didn't have Sketchup in college....They should get it now though and you could teach it! Awesome drawings! It would be fun to see a photograph side by side with its Sketchup "copy".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the cathedral when you're done :)

    ReplyDelete