Thursday, April 2, 2009

Things are rolling right along

My Adidas didn't fit in here, these are known as the "Sitka Sneaker."


I fit in now.

These are the dorms where I live. I found out yesterday there is a piano in the dorm. I am very happy about that. Just so you know, I won't be moving it into my room, I learned my lesson in college. :)

There was an opening for fishing today down in Silver Bay. The Department of Fish and Game selected a location the fifth and final opening for herring fishery. The announcement for a 15-minute fishery was made two hours before the 2:30 starting time by a F&G Biologist over the radio. The boats raced down to the location and dropped their nets. In those 15 minutes they brought in 1,209 tons of fish. I left with the group from the career center to watch the show, however, we went to a wrong location at first and got there just at the end.

We went out to the job site this morning, however, I didn't get any pictures. The house that was built last year has a few things to finish up. Tomorrow, I'll be taking the participants out to a lady's house to do some landscaping.

Have a good Friday!

3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures! Who does the Cross belong to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the cross belongs to the school, Sheldon Jackson College, which is no longer in business. The school had to close up, but the dorms are still in use. Rev. Sheldon Jackson, a Presbyterian, helped the school get back on its feet in the early 1900's and therefore, it was renamed after him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! That is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete